Skyzoo is preparing to release what is already being hailed as his “most layered and most important work to date”. In Celebration Of Us, produced by Illmind, Apollo Brown, Daringer, Marc Nfinit, Cardiak, Tuamie, Ave Prod., Seige Monstracity, and Arte Mitchell is slated for release February 2nd.
“Bakers Dozen,” featuring Raheem Devaughn and produced by Mello Music beatmaker, Apollo Brown, is the lead single from the forthcoming project
“On “Baker’s Dozen”, I wanted to explore the world I know, same as I always have throughout my career, but from the perspective of what once was, currently is, and probably will foreseeably be, by diving into what happens when things like gentrification take place in that world” Skyzoo commented to Complex, who premiered the single. “The idea of desire and attainability, by all means; regardless of the changes around you. The muse for the record was D’Angelo’s ‘Devil’s Pie’, which prompted me to bring in my brothers Apollo Brown and Raheem Devaughn, whom I’ve frequently worked with in the past. The energy they brought to the record was flawless. Vision fulfilled indeed!”
1) Everybody’s Fine (prod. by Arte Mitchell)
2) Sound Like… (prod. by !llmind)
3) Baker’s Dozen (feat. Raheem Devaughn) (prod. by Apollo Brown)
4) Crown Holder (prod. by !llmind)
5) Heirlooms & Accessories (prod. by Tuamie)
6) Forever In A Day (prod. by Marc Nfinit)
7) Remembering The Rest (feat. Words & Curves) (Interlude) (prod. by Skyzoo)
8) The Purpose (feat. Kay Cola) (prod. by !llmind)
9) Love is Love (prod. by Cardiak)
10) Black Sambo (prod. by !llmind)
11) Parks & Recreation (feat. Saba) (prod. by !llmind)
12) Collateral (feat. Jake&Papa) (prod. by Marc Nfinit)
13) The Stick-Up Tape From “Menace” (prod. by Ave Prod.)
14) Hoodie SZN (prod. by Marc Nfinit)
15) Honor Amongst Thieves (prod. by Seige Monstracity)
You can stream the In Celebration of Us album sampler, below.
“On this album, I wanted to tap into the present, more so than any other album of mine as far as full projects. Music of the times is the best way to describe it” Skyzoo stated. “From cultural appropriation and gentrification to police brutality and the irony of motives behind bigger motives, it’s an album that explores who we are and why we are where we are in society, as a people. What’s been done to us and what we’ve done to ourselves, mainly out of confused necessity, all while celebrating us in the process. I’m honored to be able to give my take on our story”.